Top Tips For Tanning
I tend to find that the first time there's a tiny glimpse of the sun in Leeds, I can't stop thinking about summer - the holidays, the cute summer outfits, the BBQs, the long warm nights... And I can't help but always feel that there's two things I need to do to get my body summer ready: get toned and get tanned. And I've decided that now is the time to start working on both of things, so that when summer does come I'll be super prepared.
Sunbeds are fab if you struggle to tan, want to prepare your skin for a holiday abroad, want to improve your skin, or if you just look better with a tan. But if you are going to hit the sunbeds this spring, please read our top tips first.
1. If you have never been on a sunbed, or if you are fair skinned or burn easily, keep your sessions to 3 minutes. You can then build this up very gradually as you start to develop a tan, but be wary - overdoing it is dangerous.
2. Use sunbed lotion to protect your skin and maximise tanning.
3. ALWAYS wear tanning goggles to protect your eyes.
4. Protect your lips with UV lip balm - as lips do not produce melanin they are at risk of burning.
5. If you are unfortunate enough to get sun burnt soothe your skin with moisturiser and do not return to the sunbed until all of the redness has gone.
6. Always make sure that you eat and drink water before tanning to avoid feeling unwell during your sunbed session.
7. Exfoliate before you start tanning, and keep skin moisturised for best results, and to reduce your risk of burning.
If you're not sure whether sunbeds are for you, read our blog post on sunbeds vs spray tans!
Top of the line sunbeds with brand new ultra fast tan tubes are available at:
Bliss Baby 0113 275 2675
Bliss Retreat 0113 258 8425
Bliss Urban 0113 278 1572
PS. Look out for our NEW and UPGRADED menu coming soon!