Bliss' Top Tips to Tan Safely & Effectively
To help you get bronzed for summer, Bliss are offering an amazing 80 mins for £19.95 on our fast-tan sunbed, which is awesome! Sunbeds are fab if you struggle to tan, want to prepare your skin for a holiday abroad, want to improve your skin, or if you just look and feel better with a tan. But if you are going to hit the sunbeds this summer, please read our top tips first to ensure the best results and minimum damage & danger.
1. If you have never been on a sunbed, or if you are fair skinned or burn easily, keep your sessions to 3 minutes. You can then build this up very gradually as you start to develop a tan - good things take a little time and overdoing it is a terrible idea.
2. Use sunbed lotion to protect your skin and maximise tanning.
3. ALWAYS wear tanning goggles to protect your eyes.
4. Protect your lips with UV lip balm - as lips do not produce melanin they are at risk of burning.
5. If you are unfortunate enough to get sun burnt soothe your skin with moisturiser and do not return to the sunbed until all of the redness has gone.
6. Always make sure that you eat and drink water before tanning to avoid feeling unwell during your sunbed session.
7. Exfoliate before you start tanning, and keep skin moisturised for best results, and to reduce your risk of burning.
If you're not sure whether sunbeds are for you, read our blog post on sunbeds vs spray tans!
Top of the line sunbeds with brand new ultra fast tan tubes are available at:
Bliss Baby 0113 275 2675
Bliss Retreat 0113 258 8425