Oat and Banana Cookies - To Keep Your Sweet Tooth & Your Waistline Happy!
You don't need anyone to tell you that sticking to a healthy diet can be super difficult. It is important to constantly find new ways to keep your diet interesting and satisfy cravings so that you don't stray from your goals. These cookies are delicious, easy to make and will even keep your sweet tooth happy. They are quick to make and can easily provide breakfast, lunchbox extras and snacks throughout the week ahead.
There are only two essential ingredients for this recipe:
- 2 large bananas
- 2 cups of oats
Other optional ingredients include:
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
- dried cranberries
- chopped walnuts, almond or pecans
- coconut flakes
- peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl then combine with oats until smooth.
3. Add a sprinkling of extra ingredients if desired and combine.
4. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and add small handfuls of dough, flattening with a spatula.
5. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.