Know your nail shapes
Know your nail shapes
Another new season, another new nail trend. And you know Bliss are always super keen to ensure your nails are bang on trend. So here are 5 nail trends to see you right through to Spring!
1. Gothic Glamour - to fit with the fashion and make up trends this season, blacker than black nails are right on trend. Glam it up with some crystals on a matte black background or a plum overlay on a black base.
2. Metallic Silver - silver nails were big in Spring and Summer, but now they have an icy feel to take the trend through to winter. Or opt for a dark silver for a chrome feel.
3. Swarovski and rhinestone embellishments - add a feel of wealth and luxury to your nails this season. Keep it simple with a couple of crystals on one or two nails, or go all out with dramatic, eye catching all-over crystals.
4. Glitter, glitter everywhere... Glitter, always our best friend in Autumn and Winter, and this year is no different. Go subtle with glitter tips or all-out with glitter all over.
5. Stunning stripes - another trend which is continuing from Spring, and it's hardly surprising seeing as stripes were all over clothes too. Simple is often best with a single stripe down the middle, but several horizontal stripes over the top half of the nail is also an effective alternative.
1. Freeze dry fresh polish - Hate having to wait ageeees for your nail varnish to dry, running the risk of smudging your hard work? When you've painted on a fresh lick of polish, try this speed drying trick; dunk your nails in a bowl of ice water to seal your colour down. Lacquer dries faster in cooler temps, so two or three minutes will do, et voila, a hard-wear manicure in less than half the time.
2. Avoid Chipping - Isn't it soo annoying when your beautiful mani chips after just a couple of days, however careful you are? Once you've finished painting, brush your clear topcoat along the tip of your nail; this seal-down streak closes up the raw edge to help lacquer last much longer.
3. Avoid getting nail varnish on your fingers and toes by wiping a little vaseline around the edges of your nails (but not on your nails). Then, should you paint on skin, it just sticks to the balm so you can simply wipe it away.
4. Boost the vibrancy of summer brights by using a white base coat.
5. Go for thin layers - Sure, one thick coat may be speedy at getting that polish on, but it also dries a lot slower than our easy technique. Even when you think it's all fine, it hasn't set right through, while three thin layers seal down quickly without the risk of smears.
Call your nearest salon to book your appointment now!
Bliss Baby 0113 275 2675
Bliss West Park 0113 230 4305
Bliss Retreat 0113 258 8425
Bliss Street Lane 0113 269 8522
Bliss Urban 0113 278 1572