Why meditation is good for you and how to begin
Have you ever been curious about meditation? Most people who don't meditate actually don't know that much about the many benefits that it can bring about by just giving a little time a few days per week.
Here are just some of the benefits of meditation...
1. Learn to manage negative emotions better
2. Increase mindfulness and learn to be present
3. Increased self-awareness
4. Increase imagination and creativity
5. Build patience and tolerance
6. Reduce stress and anxiety
7. Improve your attention span
8. Improve your memory and learning capabilities
9. Improve your sleep
10. Learn how to cope better with pain
There are several different types of meditation, so these are just a few of the benefits that you might experience.
Now is the perfect time to start meditating since many of us could use the anti-stress benefits right about now, plus we have extra time on our hands. That said, you only need a few minutes a few days per week to get started.
Apps like Headspace have gained popularity and for good reason. However, if you're concerned about spending money then download Smiling Mind, a 100% free meditation app with plenty of guided meditations to get you started.