Lockdown Valentines date ideas
Well it looks like we won't be going out for fancy dinners and exciting nights away this Valentines Day, but that doesn't mean it can't be romantic. Check out our top ideas for love in lockdown Valentines dates, whether you live together with your partner or apart.
For those who live with their partners
1. Breakfast in bed with heart-shaped pancakes, fresh pastries, fresh fruit, or a full English.
2. Treasure hunt around the house for Valentines gifts. The gifts don't even need to be big - their favourite candy, candles, etc.
3. Create a trip down memory lane with photos of your relationship from beginning to present day dotted around the house, and reminisce.
4. Do some Valentines-themed baking.
5. Cook them dinner and create a restaurant experience with handwritten or typed up menu, candles, and a nice table setting.
6. Home wine tour - buy bottles of wine from your favourite wine regions. Put a taster of each one in each room of your house along with a photo of the place that they're from.
7. Have a romantic picnic in your back garden.
8. Set up a projector for movie date night, complete with popcorn.
9. Make Valentines themed cocktails together - be creative!
10. Plan a home spa evening
11. Have a cheese and wine night.
For those who live apart
1. Cook and eat a meal together over Zoom
2. Bake together over Zoom and see whose creations come out better
3. Have a Zoom bath together
4. Order an afternoon tea or cheese and wine set to be delivered to each of you, and enjoy it together over video chat.
5. Head to an online event or class together
6. Watch a performance online together yet apart
7. Have an online game night
Whatever your plans, we hope you have a lovely Valentines whether you're single or coupled up.